the road ahead...

the road ahead...
I learned that sometimes a [life] journey can take you to a place that is not on any map. Cold Fever

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pizza, Café, Nossé...



That is the name of a little place I stumbled in to Tuesday at 3pm, starving...and awkwardly, like any foreigner in a new place, had to figure out how I get food...

Thankfully the two gentlemen working there, the barista and camarero, were both friendly and helped me out and I ended up with agua con gas, and a tarta de verduras con queso....which was amazing and delicious.

Then the next day, Wednesday morning, still unable to find the trash in the kitchen at my house, and afraid of the weird coffee maker, I tried venturing out for my coffee and figured I´d try this place again....and again the confrontation with the awkardness of figuring out how to order what I want, at least this time both gentlemen were ready for me with smiles and patience...

After my order attempt, I don´t think they pronounce cappuccino the same here, and brioche, was completely not understood....but after some confusion and pointing I now have learned that it is media luna here...one more vocabulary word down..now to adjust to the form of vos instead of , which is a totally different form from vosotros or ustedes....and throws me for a loop every time I hear it...but I digress...

This beautiful locale, which is my beacon of hope because they will feed me, and the many other´s like it in this city, for some reason are confusing to my brain because I walk in and always want to speak Italian to the waiter...It has been a challenge not to say Buon giorno as a greeting, or cuant'è when asking for the price...perhaps the ambience reminds me so much of Italy...though when I order a cappuccino here it is definitely a different experience and Buenos Aires most definitely is not Italy...

It is still just the beginning of my adventure and I have a lot to learn and a long way to go...at least moving forward I know I stumbled on to a gem, this little café, Pizza, Café, Nossé...





No comments:

Post a Comment